Cincinnati is located by the Ohio River next to the Ohio–Kentucky border. After it was established in 1788, most of its construction happened between 1850 and 1900. In the late 1800s, Cincinnati was referred to as the ‘Paris of America,’ because of its architecture and design of the Music Hall, Cincinnatian Hotel, and Shillito Department Store. Due to its large historic district, it’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It isOhio’s third-largest city behind Columbus and Cleveland.
Cincinnati’s location at the southwestern border of the state of Ohio makes it a unique market area often spilling into neighboring Indiana and Kentucky. The metro market area of Cincinnati often includes coverage into counties in the nearby states.
- Estimated Population :301,301
- Foreign born :5.10%
- Language other than English spoken at home :7.60%
- High school graduates :86.20%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher :33.80%
- Median Household income :$34,629
- Per Capita income :$26,152
- Population per sq. mile :3,809
- White :50.70%,Black or African :43.10%,American Indian :0.20%,Asian :1.80%,Others :4.20%
- Collecting Calligraphy – Arts of the Islamic World
- Music NOW Festival
- Asian Food Festival
- Cincinnati May Festival
- Buckeye BBQ Festival
- Cincy Fringe Festival
- Bunury Music Festival
- Newport Italian Festival
- Macy’s Music Festival
- Red White and Blue Ash
- Glier's Goettafest
- Boone County Fair
- Hamilton County Fair
- Cincinnati Bell / WEBN Fireworks at P&G Riverfest
- Oktoberfest Zinzinnati
- Tall Stacks – Cincinnati Riverboats
- Ohio Renaissance Festival
- Russian Masterpieces
- Christmas at EnterTRAINment Junction
- The city is home to five Fortune 500 companies. They are Kroger, Procter & Gamble, Macy’s, Inc., Fifth Third Bancorp, and Western & Southern. Other companies of note headquartered in Cincinnati include: American Financial Group, Buffalo Wings and Rings, Chiquita Brands International, Cincinnati Bell, Cinergy, Cintas, Dakota Watch Company, Graeter’s, KOI Auto Parts, Lens Crafters, Penn Station, Skyline Chili, and United Dairy Farmers.
- There is one public university located within the city limits: University of Cincinnati (UC). Private colleges in the city include Art Academy of Cincinnati, and Xavier University.